02 September 2005

Try some Thai



It just occurred to me that in nearly every blog I’ve written these past few days, Jeremy has been cooking dinner. He has actually become a very good cook (though I have to take a little credit for this…when I found him three years ago he was surviving on a steady diet of red meat and Capri Suns. Nary a vegetable could be found in his refrigerator…unless of course you count onions, which are at the tip-top of his personal food pyramid even now.) But lest my half-Italian gourmet mother think she has taught me nothing, I decided to get up from my blogging chair tonight and make the boy some food.

And now I will share with you tonight’s healthy plate of scrumptiousness. I hope you enjoy!

(I swiped this recipe from the YMCA’s copy of Self Magazine after reading it on the elliptical machine one afternoon.)

Thai Chicken and Broccoli with Peanut Sauce

What you need: (Serves 2)

STIR FRY:
Cooking Spray
6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced very thin
1 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
3 1/2 cups fresh vegetables (I use broccoli, red peppers, and fresh spinach)

PEANUT SAUCE:
1 1/2 Tbl hot tap water
1 1/2 Tbl peanut butter
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbl rice vinegar
hot chile sauce (to taste)

What to do:
Coat a nonstick pan with cooking spray; sauté chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove from pan. Add oil and sauté garlic and ginger until garlic is golden. Add vegetables; cook until tender. Return chicken to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes. For the sauce, whisk hot water into peanut butter in a small bowl to blend. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and hot sauce and mix. Add sauce to stir-fry and mix well. Serve over brown rice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy! i'll have to give it a whirl...and i think ya'lls merch idea is really cool. love to the casellas!